Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Snow Bird


It's a Strange But Apt Title.
Snow Bird.


The view last week from x-country skis.


Some of us fly south for the winter to embrace warmer climes.  Apparently I do have those wings.  The Snow Bird wings.  Last week I was enjoying the white fluffy stuff that falls from the sky both outdoors and in the studio.  Brrrr...it was cold, but delightful.


The view this week while cycling.

Now, almost magically, I am in shorts, warm air, painting tropical flowers and palm trees inspired by those that grow outside my door.  Hmmmm....it is a lovely temperature, which is also delightful.

Detail from Birds and Hibiscus, acrylic painting by Pamela Hunt Lee

I am flapping those Snow Bird wings into the studio to work with a warm colored palette on commissions and paintings for a couple invitational exhibitions.

Steuber's Date Palms
Acrylic Painting by Pamela Hunt Lee

Check back to see sketches and the progress of new work.


Barrels and Fenceposts
Acrylic Painting by Pamela Hunt Lee

Now that I have flown south, I am faced with a busy few weeks!  Join me to watch what transpires by coming back to my blog and visiting my Facebook page.

Wishes for a happy and prosperous 2013!


To contact me click HERE
To visit my web site click HERE
To visit my Facebook page click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment