Friday, April 6, 2012

Art Commission Continued.


The Submitted Small Painting

Birds and Biscus flower painting by Pamela Hunt Lee

I submitted the small painting to the client for approval before beginning the larger work which will be 48" x 60".  Besides being very happy with the general look and feel of this painting, they mentioned their favorite hibiscus is the state flower of Hawaii, which is yellow with a crimson center,  and asked for that flower.   I had painted a coral colored flower because that is what I had growing in my yard and I thought the coral color was appropriate with the rest of the selected palette. So it was back to the canvas with a few palette  adjustments.  The result:

Hibiscus detail of Birds and Biscus painting by Pamela Hunt Lee

The painting was resubmitted to the client who is very happy with the new look of this painting and I am as well.

Original Acrylic Painting, Birds and Biscus by Pamela Hunt Lee
Birds and Biscus
24" x 24"
Original acrylic painting on stretched canvas
$1200.

The larger canvas is on the easel and I look forward to spending hours and days painting Birds of Paradise and Hibiscus flowers.  Check back here to follow the progress of this painting.

To contact me click HERE
To visit my web site click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment