Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Continuing with the Limited Palette

Different Subject, Same Palette

Spring Pears
6" x 8"

While in the market the other day I spied a juicy looking pile of pears.  Not sure why I associate pears with Fall, but here they were in June.  There are over 3000 different varieties of pears, and they are grown all over the world, so why wouldn't they be available now?  

I have been reading a tome about Cleopatra in which the descriptions of banquets include pears, always cooked, never eaten raw, by the Romans anyway.  And due to this on going reading, it seems like months of it,  I find Egyptian and Roman factoids swimming in my mind, almost constantly, thus I was drawn to the pears in the market.

Since I like to paint produce with the actual fruit in front of me, these two luscious beauties ended up in my basket, in my studio and then on the canvas. Because I still have the limited palette used on the aspen trees, I dashed out this little painting using that palette.


Spring Pears is currently being shown at Village Interiors in Incline Village, NV.

To contact me click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment