Friday, June 11, 2010

Painting the Apron


Don't you just love it when you do something that leads to a completely new way of doing things?  A simple change that becomes a standard in the process, a serendipitous event that is like a light bulb going off.


I taped the apron down to my work table and painted a rectangle of black gesso that would become the 'canvas'  for the painting.  I sketched in the pepper and board and began to lay in the background.  Amazing!  A deep wonderful richness became apparent as the paint brushed onto the black surface.

I have used black as an under paint on many canvases, but not for a long time and not with my Produce paintings, however I will now.   The same intensity and lush color resulted when I painted in the pepper.


And then the board under the pepper.


Now I will deal with creating some sort of frame for the painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment