Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Drawing and Art.

What is Drawing?

Two drawings in my sketch book which I carry with me at all times.  Ink and pencil.

draw-ing
noun
a picture or diagram made with a pencil, pen, or crayon rather than paint, especially one drawn in monochrome.
synonyms:  sketch, picture, illustration, representation, portrayal, delineation, depiction, rendering, composition, study

Drawing created for my Detours exhibition installation.  Ink and colored pencil.

The other day an artist friend of mine challenged me to create a drawing every day in October.  Challenge accepted.  And based on the definition above, the paints and brushes should be put away, however rules are made so they can be broken.  Just guessing, but most likely my drawings will consist of a variety of materials.  I will post them on my blog as well as my Artist's Facebook page so you can follow along.  So here we go....let's explore drawing, and see if we can make up our own definition as we go along.

To contact me click HERE
To visit my web site click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment