Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Painted Plates



A Commission That is Slightly Different

  I received a commission to paint dinner plates.  This is something I have not done before, so I made some calls, did some investigating, and gave it a whirl.

Here is the first experimental plate. 



Experimental because I see a few ways to handle the materials a bit differently to obtain some slightly different results that would be more pleasing to me.  And I realize, as a cook and foodie who is always concerned about the aesthetics of the food placement on the plate as well as the overall look of the food and plate together, that my style of design and painting would better suit a charger than the actual dinner plate.  




I can visualize a table of these plates (all a bit different but painted in the same palette) used as chargers.  Now to convince the customer that they want chargers rather than dinner plates.



To contact me, click HERE .   
Or leave a comment on this blog...
I'd like to hear your thoughts about the plates.

1 comment:

  1. I love them Pamela!
    And I do love the idea of chargers over dinner plates. I don't think you'll have a hard time convincing them :)

    Thanks for your comment. I'm looking forward to our time together!

    ReplyDelete