Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Tahoe Rocks with Red

Red Red Red

This has not been easy. I am dreaming in red now. Adding red to my typical Tahoe Rock palette, with deletion of some of the other colors, has been quite a challenge.


This is where I left you last post, and I was struggling. After some serious thought I added the Pantone Color of the Year (purple) to the work.


And then I changed all of the background color to a mix of blue, purple, red, yellow (right off the paint tray) to come up with a grey tone.  It was beginning to make more visual sense to me.



The remainder of the rock shapes were painted on.


The water reflections came next.


Just this morning the rest of the reflections were painted into the composition. I am not sure if this is a completed painting yet or not.  I will live with it for a few days and probably continue to dream in RED.  

To contact me click HERE
To visit my web site click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment