Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Painting A New Canvas

Continuing the Project


Canvas on the easel, and the under painting begins.  Not sure why, but my fingers always seem to end up in the paint.


If you follow my blog you know I am beginning a larger version of the small painting shown here, below.  I was challenged by another painter to create a Tahoe Rock composition including red in the palette.  RED.  RED????


An interesting challenge, though not necessarily an easy challenge, and the little painting here is what I came up with as a start.  Now to address the 18x24" canvas which is the size included in the challenge.


Under painting completed.


Sketched in the composition.


My favorite part...when the rocks start to take form on the canvas.



This is looking at the canvas after more studio time this morning. So much more painting to accomplish before the painting will be done.  I am not sure I enjoy the use of red with these rocks.

To contact me click HERE
To visit my web site click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment