Thursday, March 31, 2016

Triptych II

So Interesting To Go Back.

Split
48 x 60
Acrylic on Canvas

Did I mention it might be quite a challenge to turn this large painting, Split,  into a triptych by adding two new canvases? Just returning to a long ago palette, one I did not record, has created a little bit of difficulty.  This has taught me to always record the pigments used each painting.

Some of the under painting is complete. Laying on the pigment in the rock cairn.

I find myself moving back and forth between the new canvas and the old, comparing brush work and color.

The cairn begins to build.

Most of the work on the cairn is complete.
  

The veins of the leaves are added.

This past week has been a challenge, at times a bit intimidating, to attempt to go back in time. Now the leaves will come to life with more back and forth comparison. Check back to see the progress.

To contact me click Here
To visit my web site click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment