Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Interruption

When Goals Are On Hold

OOPS....   The completion of the Triptych was interrupted. But it's all good, meaning it was a fun and worthwhile interruption.  

Back Side


Just after my last blog post showing the progress on the triptych, I was asked to paint jeans for two women to wear to a Woodstock themed party.  Fun project.

Front Side

Yes, fun  project so I accepted.  After a little refresher about the music and art festival that took place in 1969 (no, I wasn't there, but yes I knew all about it), I designed and began the painting process.  

Back Side

I spent many hours, with '60s and '70's music blasting in the studio ( Joni Mitchell, Cat Stevens, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Dylan) remembering what I was doing during this time period...  mostly creating with fibers, weaving and embroidering. This took me back. 

Front Side

A nice diversion in the studio, a slide back in time enjoying fond memories of another time and place.  Now it's back to the triptych.

To contact me click HERE
To visit my web site click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment