Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Moving Time

Twice A Year


It's no secret, I follow the sun, so twice a year I pack up and head to a sunny location until that place gets too hot or too cold.  The desert temps soared to 100 degrees last week....way too hot for me.  You should see how rapidly the paint in my palette dries in those temps.  Makes it difficult to paint.  And that of course is one of the issues with acrylic, but I still love the medium.  Those high temps dictated moving time.  Time to head north, just like the birds.  


This bird will now be influenced and inspired to draw and paint the spectacular Lake Tahoe water, boulders and surrounding environment.  In fact, I have accepted a commission for a large Tahoe Rocks and Water painting that will grace a new home in Martis Camp near Truckee, CA. That means kayak time on the water with sketch book and camera which I have done.


After the forays onto the lake paddling among the boulders, I presented two compositions to the customer in pencil sketch.  They selected the Balanced Rock.  They also took a look at my web site www.pamelahuntlee.com and identified three paintings that spoke to them.  Each painting used a different palette, so I created these three small works using each of the color combinations.  The customer has now selected the middle composition.  Because of the move north,  I still need to unpack and settle into my studio before I can begin work on the large canvas.  I will post pictures as the painting develops so check back.

To contact me click Here
To visit my web site click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment