Sunday, January 12, 2014

Failure and Art


It Takes Failure to Succeed.


Indeed it does take failure to have success.  If we cannot experience a failure we may not recognize and appreciate a success.  Failures help us grow, push us to work harder for that success.  We need to embrace failure as a learning tool, an inspiration to continue to strive for that we wish to attain.

Asked, a few years ago, whether or not I had failures with my art I had to laugh, though it is no laughing matter.  YES!  I have failures, but they do not stop me.  They make me work harder to achieve what it is I am working towards, to realize my vision.  Do I like failures?  NO!  But I see failure as a learning experience.

So when I was invited to create a work of art for Placer Arts' Outside The Box exhibition, and it failed miserably, I had to back out of the exhibition.  Now that is something I do not like to do, but in this case there just wasn't time to recreate my vision.  Will I just walk away from this?  NO!  I will go back to this particular vision and continue to work with it until I reach success.  It has become a challenge.  


This is the 'box' the way it arrived from Placer Arts.  I had it ground into sawdust, created a type of clay with the dust and began my project.  And when it didn't work, I started over.  And when that didn't work I started again.  I ran out of time to begin a fourth time, and complete my work prior to the exhibition entry deadline, but begin again I will, and this particular project will come to life.  It's all about inspiration, dedication, learning from the failure and moving on to recognize and achieve success.   

To contact me click HERE
To visit my web site click Here 
To take a look at Outside The Box, A Placer Arts Event click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment