Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Holiday Art


It's That Time of Year...

We are dreaming of a White Christmas, It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas, the stockings are hung by the chimney with care, we are in the meadow building a snowman....

And speaking of a snowman, do you remember the "Let It Snow" boys I painted last year?


Here they are awaiting their finishing touches.


 This one is what they looked like after the lettering went in.  It's sitting in a little easel on a counter top helping to add festive cheer to the house.  It is an annual decoration in my home and several others now.



This is the big guy I painted to hang outside our front door, and then the snow began to fall.  A talisman of sorts?


So now that it is time to paint a bit of festive cheer this year, I found myself inspired by two situations.  When I walked into the gallery of a designer who represents my work I found loads of red and green and candy everywhere, in every size, some real and some not so real. It was fun and joyful, so when I sat down to paint this is what happened:

Merry Merry Candy Snowmen

These Merry Merry little Snowmen, festooned with candy canes and peppermints are currently residing at Village Interiors in Incline Village where they are Holiday priced at $50 each which includes a black wooden easel.  They are perfect additions to holiday decorating, and can make an appearance year after year with or without the snow in the meadow.  
Village Interiors
775-831-8868
Incline Village, NV

And yes, I did say I was inspired by two different situations, so check back next week to read and see about the second.  It's a fun story.  It looks like snow might fall tonight making it seem more and more like Christmas around here.

To contact me click HERE
To visit my web site click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment