Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Motivation, Passion and Following Your Dream.


Follow Your Dream



A friend introduced me to the television show The Voice.  Have you seen this program?  Ok, ok, it's another reality show and I do not typically watch this type of program, actually I watch very little TV, but I must admit I am hooked.   So last night, as I was doing the fast forward thing through the advertisements,  I started to think about what it is that has captured my attention.  Why am I watching this show?



This is the beginning of the season, the show has progressed through the Blind Auditions and is now into a phase called The Battles.  The contestants have been selected and are beginning to be eliminated. During audition phase they all said over and over that they want to move their career forward and believe the coaching they will receive if selected for the program will help them do this.   They believe they have the talent to rocket to stardom.  And most seem to.  


So what has captured my attention besides the fact that the singing is darn good and I love to see how they present themselves:  It's their desire to follow their dream, their belief in themselves, their willingness to act on their desires and dreams.  They have a passion for what they do and they are pursuing that passion.  These people are motivated, they are working hard to get what they want.  They have made sacrifices, have run into obstacles, but they pick themselves up and go after it again.  Not only do they have motivation, passion and desire to follow their dream, but they act on these feelings.  They are doing something to reach that dream.

  

We could all take a lesson from these contestants. What is it that motivates you, what are you passionate about?   What is your dream?  Are you doing something about it?  Are you working towards achieving your dream?  We have all heard that famous phrase, Just Do It, repeatedly.  It's oh so true.   Do something about your dream.  Make something happen.

So it is back to the easel for me where I pursue my passion for creating.  It's where I spend hours, lost in the process.  But it doesn't end with the creating.  That is the beginning.  There is much more to do, additional hours at the desk, working on the computer, visiting galleries, meeting people.  It's all part of following the dream.



To contact me click HERE
To visit my web site click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment