Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Floral Painting


Three Birds


Three Birds
Acrylic on Canvas
36" x 36"
3000.

Bird of Paradise and Hibiscus flowers flutter over this canvas.  It just came off my easel, so it's time to begin another painting, and a commission it is.  Another floral of birds and biscus, but this one is long and thin with horizontal format.  The palette will be similar, the composition quite different.  



I picked up the custom canvas about two weeks ago, so I have been staring at the blank whiteness of  20" x 62" wondering and planning the composition in my head.  Last night I started sketches and plan to place three hibiscus close to center with the birds flying around out to the sides.  



The selected sketch for composition.....more or less anyway.

Today I will under paint with black gesso and sketch the design on the canvas.  Then tomorrow I will begin to loose myself in the wonder of applying paint to brush to canvas.  These floral paintings are captivating for me with their stylized presentation just hinting at whimsy.  I hope you are enjoying them as well.

To Contact Me Click HERE
To Visit My Web Site Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment