Saturday, May 19, 2012

Final Desert Paintings


Departing The Desert For The Mountains

The desert commissions are complete, delivered and installed.  
The temps have inched up to over 100 degrees.. like 106, 107, 108.  This mountain woman cannot tolerate that kind of heat, and my palette continually dries far too quickly to facilitate the way I work.  It's back to the mountains for me, but just a few little desert plants as a finale.  My way of saying good bye to the desert for this year.

Schowe's Tunas
Acrylic on Canvas Board
3"x3"
$35

Schowe's Tunas inspired by a huge cactus plant growing in a friend's yard.  For months these tunas, as the fruit is called, have intrigued my creative brain.  After sketches and photographs of this particular plant, finally a small painting.  

Little Barrel
Acrylic on Canvas Board
3" x 3"
$35

The barrels from the Huntington Gardens crept onto this little canvas.

Little Fence
Acrylic on Canvas Board
3"x3"
$35

A stand of fencepost cacti growing close by could not be ignored.  


Then my brain started to make the move north and dictated few small mountain paintings to prime me for the move.  This one is inspired by the boulders off the Crystal Bay Point, Lake Tahoe, Nevada side.  You can see a couple others on my Facebook Artist's Page: Click Here  While you are there, click on the 'like' button to follow my page and you will get more frequent updates about my work.

Crystal Bay Point
Acrylic on Canvas Board
3"x3"
$35

Time to prime larger canvases for new Lake Tahoe inspired paintings.  The lake has called, the sketch book has already made a trip in the kayak, and it is so much cooler.  

To contact me click HERE
To visit my web site click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment