Friday, January 14, 2011

The Inspiration of Ginny Ruffner


It's Great to Have Brush In Hand Again

Small sketch of my next painting

Last night I attended a film that was shown as part of the Palm Spring International Film Festival.  The film:  A Not So Still Life which is a documentary about the artist Ginny Ruffner. It was a great film.  She and the producers of the film were there for a Q&A that took place after the film.  What an inspirational woman!

Under painting on the canvas

The final question came, not from the audience, but from Ginny:  What do you want to do with your life?

More under painting

I had set up my studio in an outdoor courtyard, had sketched and decided on a new painting, and had started the under painting.

After hours of painting today

After watching the film and listening to Ginny speak I was inspired to spend several hours in front of my easel today.  The painting is not complete, but close.

I will paint again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment