Thursday, May 23, 2013

Artist's Statement

If you are an Artist,

You are frequently asked for an Artist's Statement.

Not only can you be asked for a statement about your work in general, but for a statement about a group of work or an individual work.  The other day I was asked to describe my work in one word.  I chose BOLD.  That seems to sum up my composition. 

The Big Split
48x36
3500.
Currently Exhibited at Vista Gallery in Kings Beach, CA

I might have chosen DRAMATIC.

Golden Boulders
48x60
6000.
Currently Exhibited at Village Interiors, Incline Village, NV

I thought about STYLIZED.  And CONTEMPORARY entered my mind.

Serenity
16x20
650.
Currently Exhibited at Vista Gallery, Kings Beach, CA

Or even COLORFUL.

Three Birds
36x36
3500.

But in the end I settled on BOLD, as a one word description. Taking it a little further my description becomes:  

Bold, colorful, representational paintings presented with contemporary stylization.  

The process of distilling a description of your work into one word helps with the process of creating a succinct, understandable description.  Give it a try.

To contact me click HERE
To visit my web site click HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment