Friday, September 18, 2009





All Summer the farmers' markets have been filled with ripe, juicy fruits and veggies...perfect subjects for paintings! I just completed and shipped to Colorado, Andrea's Peach, which is pictured here. I am now finishing Three Lemons, for customers in Truckee, so they may hang it with Two Times Three and Two more Green Apples, all shown here. More of my produce paintings can be seen at Spirit Gallery in Truckee, CA.

Fall fruits and vegetables are beginning to show up in the markets. The local produce guy thinks I am a nut because I linger over his bins, arranging produce into compositions before selecting the items I will buy, take to my studio, and set up as subject matter for a new painting. So here I go with luscious red pairs and curvaceous figs....

No comments:

Post a Comment