Monday, December 9, 2013

Prickly Pear Painting


A Chilly Week In The Desert


painting by Pamela Hunt Lee

Oh my.  The entire country is COLD.  To be expected in December?  Yes, but here in the studio, I continue to visualize the warm desert and work on this Prickly Pear painting.  All the paddles are in though there will be more shadowing eventually.  The time has come to work on the fantasy flower.



Most of the flower has been laid in, however I realize I would like to add one more petal, so I am leaving the computer, returning to the easel.



When an artist puts a brush in her hand, sometimes unexpected changes occur.  So from the image above to the image below, the addition of a couple petals, not just one.  It was a intuitively visual necessity. 


While working on the petals I thought I would add in the stamen and pistol parts of the flower after a slight adjustment to the base under the blossom.  The flower didn't look balanced without this change.


That's it for now.  Check back to see the painting as it comes to conclusion.  My goal is to complete it this week.  Then these cold temps will inspire Holiday themed work.   At least being cold is a type of inspiration.


To contact me click HERE
To visit my web site click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment